- Pre-order (ships in 6-8 weeks)
- Three sizes available - 12+ ounce, 16+ ounce, 20+ ounce (12 ounce size featured)
- Bright blue glossy glaze that meets a glossy green glaze at the rim. Green speckles in the glaze highlight the surface.
- Carved, textured surface on the outside, part of my "Faceted" series
- Sturdy four-footed form
- Grolleg Porcelain clay body (see all the benefits of porcelain below)
- Altered and textured surface on the outside
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave safe
- Oven safe
- Heat resistant - handle does not get hot in the microwave
- Extremely durable and chip resistant
- Perfect for everyday use
- Individually glazed, each one is unique
HOW IT'S MADE
- Wheel-thrown on the potter's wheel
- Hand altered, stamped and carved
- Individually glazed, making each one unique and wonderful in it's own way
- Kiln fired 2x - Once for its bisque fire, ready for glazing, second for its glaze firing at 2,381 degrees Fahrenheit.
PORCELAIN CLAY BODY BENEFITS
In terms of pottery and pottery making, porcelain is highly regarded and cherished because of its properties such as strength, elasticity, permeability, translucency and its unique white colored body. Because of these properties, it has always been one of the most durable, functional kitchen wares and a complete value for the money.
Porcelain is an excellent and very practical material for microwave or oven dishes because it distributes the heat through the elements evenly. The heat resistant nature of porcelain comes from it being fired to 2,381 degrees F (or higher). It can be used in microwaves, ovens and even in the freezer.
Extremely Durable and easy to clean
Porcelain is considered as one of the strongest and most durable wares in pottery. The materials that make up a porcelain clay body are all similar in shape and size, giving the particles the ability to compact tightly. This makes a finished piece of porcelain nonporous and easy to clean. With its smooth, glassy surface, just a little water and soap will get grease stains off instantly.
Grolleg porcelain is found in England and is known for it's eye-catching translucent properties and white body.
MY PROCESSInterested in learning more about my process? You can see some behind-the-scenes footage on my Instagram page here:
WHAT IT'S NOT
- Not made with molds
- Not mass-produced ware
- Not stove-top safe (or any direct heat)
TurtleRok produces the highest quality handmade coffee mugs at our studio located in Bradenton, Florida. Our passion for making the best handmade coffee mugs and our commitment to customer service set us apart.
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the mugs I make. This is something that you cannot find in lifeless, factory made ceramic ware - but you knew that already, and that is why you are here! Each TurtleRok stoneware item is hand thrown on the potters wheel.
Needless to say, TurtleRok's coffee mugs make perfect gifts. We have had numerous reports from our customers, telling us that our mugs are their favorites. See for yourself what our customers say.
I use only lead-free glazes and non-toxic clay. The clay that's used to make your mug is certified 100% non-toxic, and is made from raw materials from the USA.
MADE TO BE USED
Because my mugs are fired to such a high temperature, each coffee mug is extremely durable and chip resistant. The sturdy handles are very comfortable for holding a hot cup of tea or coffee. Should you reheat your coffee or tea in the microwave, the handle on the mug will not get hot under normal circumstances. No need to wash the mugs by hand - they have no problems going through the dishwasher.